We’re getting close to release time folks and fans! I know many of you have been patiently waiting for news of the release date. Though the book has been completed (yay!), it still has to make its way through the publishing pipeline before it will be ready for public consumption. Here’s an overview of what’s next:
- Content editing – This is where the manuscript is now. A content editor evaluates the manuscript for things like plot, pacing, character development and “showing vs. telling.” I should be getting the manuscript back in the second week of November. [UPDATE: Manuscript is back from the editor!]
- Revisions - Based on the feedback from the editor (and test readers), I will need to revise and update the manuscript. I feel like it was in pretty good shape before I sent it to her, so hopefully there won’t be any major revisions required. Once I get the manuscript back, I will adjourn to my editing cave and try to get this piece done as quickly as possible.
- Cover Design – The cover designer is currently at work on the cover for The Space Between. I’m having a hard time trying to get this cover just right, so we’ll likely be polling our fan base in the near future to get everyone’s thoughts. This strategy has worked well for TPC in the past.
- Copy Editing – After I complete any revisions suggested by the content editor, the manuscript goes to my copyeditor, who will give the manuscript one last review for any typos or grammatical errors.
- Typesetting – Once we have confirmed that the manuscript is error-free, we will typeset the book for printing, and produce the ebook version.
- Announce a release date and celebrate!!!
As you can see, we still have a way to go, but we are very, very close! I’ll keep everyone posted as we move through the final stages. I can’t wait to share the final product with you all!