Plans for the 2006 tour are shaping up nicely I’m taking a month off this summer to do something I have always wanted to do – drive across the country. The purpose is 3-fold: 1) attend writing conferences in Dallas and Atlanta 2) promote my book by visiting bookstores, friends, and networking, networking, networking 3) experience the Soul2Soul encore in cities far and near.
For those that don’t know, I am a HUGE Tim McGraw fan. Since the Beginning. I frequently joke that I’ve loved Tim longer than Faith has, lol, and it’s the truth. I have seen him in concert 27 times since 1998, all over the state and into Nevada and Oregon, from the third row, from the front row, indoors, outdoors, in venues large and small. I have been blessed enough to have met him, not once, but twice. Call it an obsession, that’s cool with me. All I know is that this “hobby” has brought me some of the best times of my life, and brought me to some of my best friends in the world.
The first time Tim and Faith toured together was during the Soul2Soul tour in 2000. That was also the year I found the Board at mcgraws.com, my home on the net… I saw the show eight times that year, and my “Soul2Soul” summer was definitely a tour to remember. People always ask me – “Don’t you get bored seeing the same show over and over??” Hell no! Each show is a different experience, whether its because of the city, your seats, or the company. Also, as I repeatedly profess during any touring season – “There’s No Such Thing as Too Much Tim!”
When word broke that Tim and Faith were indeed hitting the road together again this summer, I secretly hoped my tour would overlap with theirs… Having damn near seen and done it all, I’m ready for a new concert experience. This year my goal is to see the show in different states. And as the tour dates are released, it’s looking like that will be fairly easy to do.
So far I’ve got Dallas, Nashville and Seattle locked down. The BEST part about seeing the show in other cities is that it gives me a chance to meet up with McFriends that I’ve come to know and love over the past 6 years… People I would never get to meet otherwise. As Jane was saying, the Dallas McMeet is going to be one huge Lovefest, lol.
I know, I know, some of you are shaking your head… The Money. And given my financial situation, perhaps a full-blown tour is a tad irresponsible. But you know what — I don’t care. I’ve even gone so far as to compile the Top 5 Reasons To Go For Broke Without Guilt:
5) Being on the road makes me feel alive (click here for Groupie Resume, lol), but I realize priorities shift. I won’t be able to tour like this when I have kids, so I’m determined to take full advantage of my freedom while I still have it.
4) I get to see/meet/reunite with my McFriends, girls I’ve met on the road or on the Board, my fellow groupies (some even worse than I am if you can believe that!). It’s like an annual family reunion. Good times are had by all.
3) Tim and Faith touring together is a rare and special thing. They show us what magic and chemistry is all about it, and proximity to their love makes people more hopeful and inspired. They’re good for my inner cynic.
2) You only live once. Tim had a #1 hit with the song Live Like You Were Dying which basically encourages us to live each day like it may be your last. Life is short. I want to make the most of mine.
1) It makes me happy. There are few things in this world that, without fail, make me truly giddy and happy. For some odd reason, Tim McGraw is one of those things. He just does something to me. Some things never change.
Like It’s My Last Yee Haw, ya’ll…